Baptist Healthplex-Jackson Pool Rules
- The pool is divided to accommodate a diverse population, water classes, lap swimming, individual workouts and physical therapy.
- The double lane area on the side of the pool next to the ramp (north) is reserved for classes and independent, individual "vertical" workouts when no class is scheduled.
- The size of the area above will vary based on participants. If fewer than 10 participants are in the area, three lane ropes are in place offering three lanes for swimmers. The third lane rope will be moved, if 10 or more participants are in the area, leaving two lanes available for swimmers.
- Swimmers can share lanes by swimming on the right side of the lane. This is called circle swim, where swimmers are swimming in a counter clockwise motion.
- Prior to entering a lane with another person, ask if the person would mind sharing. Choose a lane with a swimmer(s) who swims at your pace.
- Lane use is first come, first served.
- "Vertical" exercisers may be asked to share a lane with a swimmer or others, or to move to the double lane area (north, closest to ramp) to accommodate more members.
- Please limit lane use to 30 minutes during peak hours: 6:00 AM - 8:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
- Entry and exit from the ramp is recommended.
- No diving / no running.
- No food and drink, except for water in plastic containers.
- No gum
- Water shoes are recommended for vertical workouts. Shoes worn in the pool should not be worn outside of wet areas or as street wear.
- Doors to the pool are to remain closed unless authorized by class instructor/staff.
- The fan may be used by members as needed.
- The music in the pool will be set at a constant/moderate level. Music will be changed daily.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to accommodate all participants who use the pool.