Family Medicine Residency at Baptist Memphis
Our Family Medicine Residency Program is co-sponsored by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis and the Church Health in Memphis, Tennessee. We are an Urban/Suburban program that is dedicated to creating outstanding family physicians with a commitment to providing care to patients and families from all walks of life. We emphasize our responsibility to God and our community to assist the less fortunate among us by offering each individual innovative care following best practice models to achieve and maintain the highest standards. To that end, our program curriculum includes requirements, as well as additional opportunities, for volunteer and leadership activities including the Crisis Stabilization Unit, addition medicine (AA, NA, Al-Anon, SLAA), Serenity House, and Grace House.
The program was awarded accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) effective July 1, 2015. Each year, we will recruit four applicants to fill the available PGY-1 positions for the following July.
Residency Program Objectives and Principles
The objectives of the Family Medicine Residency Program are to develop skills in comprehensive Family Medicine care. The primary principles of Family Medicine, providing continuous, comprehensive and coordinated care to patients and their families and to the community, will be emphasized in the residency program rotation and curriculum schedule.
Benefits and Perks for Family Medicine Residents
As a Family Medicine resident at Baptist Memorial Health Care, you may be able to take advantage of a number of benefits and perks available to you. Health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave are available, as well as fully-funded meals and professional leave for pre-approved meetings. View our benefits package.
In addition to the stipend information listed above, Baptist will provide a benefit package to include:
- Health insurance coverage for resident and dependents to include spouse and children if applicable
- Fully funded basic life insurance coverage for resident
- Vacation / holiday compensation for up to twenty-three (23) days per academic year, non-cumulative
- Educational leave for one pre-approved board-review meeting per resident including a travel reimbursement package
- Fully funded long term disability coverage after thirty (30) days employment
- Fully-funded meals provided through the Physicians’ Dining Room
- Confidential counseling services
- Life Insurance including coverage for spouse and children, Accident Insurance, Cancer Insurance, and Pet Insurance
In addition to these benefits and perks, those considering the Family Medicine Residency Program explore Memphis life as well. Home to the blues, BBQ, FedEx and a large biotech community, Memphis, TN remains the distribution heartbeat of the Mid-South.
Family Medicine Residency Contact Information
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Department of Graduate Medical Education